- As well as working with Ironbridge, Dan is the founder and Chair of Gold Challenge (www.goldchallenge.org) a company that provides healthy living and physical activity challenges to corporates, public sector employers, charities and sporting bodies.
- Dan is an active investor in start-up and early stage companies whose investments have included Gamesys Ltd. (owners and operators of JackpotJoy.com),Graze.com (sold to private equity), Utility Aid (sold to Fern Advisors), Bango.net (floated on the London Stock Exchange), MAMA Music (sold to HMV), Shopwave, Blow Ltd, Catalyst for Good Causes and Cabana Restaurants.
- Dan is a successful entrepreneur who has started and developed a number of media businesses including Videojug.com (online video company sold to Coller Capital), Renegade Software (computer & video games publisher sold to Time Warner) and 365 Corporation Plc, taken from start up to flotation in 2 years, achieving a peak stock market valuation of approximately $1 billion. He also worked for the Sanctuary Music Group and Rhythm King Records
- Dan has also been a non-executive director and senior adviser to a number of companies in the media, technology and leisure sectors including Gamesys Ltd (owners of Jackpotjoy.com the UK’s leading online bingo and instant win operator); World’s End Television (Johnny Vaughan’s production company) and Glassworks Ltd (multi award winning post-production company).
- Dan has a degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University and is a Trustee and Treasurer of the Charity Technology Trust.
- Dan is currently running 10 km in every country for his Run the World challenge which aims to promote the importance of exercise and an active lifestyle and to raise money for Cancer Research